Be a Leader in Your Own Life – 5 Inspiring Things to Do Today
Are you the leader of your life? Do you take care of yourself, accept challenges, and use your talents? Join me as I work to be proactive at the Women Making Strides blog, http://www.WomenMakingStrides.com. Submitted by Susan Ekins.
- Go outside, find something beautiful, and take a picture. We can find beauty wherever we are.
- Think about you need to do to take care of yourself today. Ideas: walk, nap, pray or meditate, listen to music, call a friend. Take that step.
- Take a few minutes to nurture your creativity. Ideas: Journal, color with crayons, or dance by yourself.
- How can you brighten someone else’s day today? Encourage someone.
- Post an inspiring quote where you can see it. Need help? Here are a few examples:
“A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.” – Larry Bird
“We need a more artful world, and that means we need you and the specific contribution that you alone can make.” – Julia Cameron
If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. – Vincent Van Gogh
“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
Thank you for reading these excellent suggestions from Sue. If you would like to contribute then you can do so easily by e-mailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.