5 things to help you choose your living room furniture
Whether you are living by yourself or with somebody else your living room is often the main focal point to your home, being the place where you spend a lot of your time relaxing and entertaining friends and family. Here is Premier Footstools guide to helping you ensure that your living room furniture helps your home feel comfortable for everyone;
- Create a Plan – If you’re refurbishing the whole room then it is a great idea to have a plan in hand, take measurements of all the spaces and see what can fit where within your room. Often you will be able to go into a reputable furniture store with measurements in hand and they’ll be able to point you in the right direction from the get go.
- Check your doorways – You’ve just bought a brand new massive sofa and you can not wait to sit on it! However, did you measure your doorway first? Make sure the furniture you buy can actually get into the room before you purchase.
- Use furniture with storage space – If your living room is a bit on the small side or you generally just have a lot of clutter then using furniture such as sofa draws, ottomans and storage footstools can be a great way to increase the amount of space.
- Tailor to the living rooms needs – An important factor is to ensure the furniture you buy fits in with the ethic of it’s use. If you use your living room to often eat your dinner you may want to buy a coffee table or stand for placing your plate on. If you have pets do you have room for a dog basket or cat stand?
- Choose colours to match the decor – If you have a fully decorated room with natural furnishings then this can really help you determine the colours of the furniture you want to look for.