1. Get a Business Mentor - New and Small Business Mentoring Meet Up for London can help - http://www.meetup.com/BusinessMentoring/ . Professional Business Mentors support Businesses on a freemium bases. No sales pitches/ service plugging goes on just pure Professional Business Mentoring.
2. Do some background reading and watch some web casts - http://www.meetup.com/BusinessMentoring/messages/archive/ is a free knowledge base. This link gets updated on a weekly basis and has business solutions verified by a university and cover some of the latest trends in business like Guerrilla Marketing, What social Media is? and how to use SCRUM for your Business?
3. Attend a few events designed to help you with specific areas within your business - http://www.meetup.com/Business-Creativity/ . This Group uses Knowledge Management processes to help your business make effective use of your existing assets. In other words it supports your business to make use of Creativity and Innovation on a daily basis.
4. Networking – This will give you access to potential clients, potential competition and give an idea of what is going on. Meetup - www.meetup.com - has free events every week in your local area.
5. Make sure you are compliant with the legislation. Free Legal Advice sources . This helps you understand how to do what you want legally.
Thank you for reading.
If you would like to contribute to this site then please e-mail your suggestions to email@example.com.