5 things to do today on a visit to the Devils Punchbowl, Hindhead
The Devils Punchbowl is a natural amphitheatre which is truly stunning. I saw this place for the first time yesterday and was overwhelmed.
1. Enjoy a glass of some retro drinks in the Punchbowl cafe. I bought a bottle of Dandelion and Burdock. This is something that I used to have as a child and hadn’t seen in a long while. I think drinks like this used to be sampled in temperance bars in the North of England. Alternatively have a full fry up and a mug of coffee.
2. Take one of the three guided trails (Sailors stroll, Highcombe Hike, Hidden Hindhead trail) that are clearly signposted. Some are more difficult than others, the Hidden route being the most difficult. The pdf of these trails can be found here.
3. Take a picnic with you and eat it with your friends on these picnic tables.
4. Walk to the bottom of the bowl and admire the streams. Go of piste and get lost in the dense woods.
5. Find a cow! There is plenty or wildlife in Devils Punchbowl including wandering livestock that you will hear before you see.