Decluttering your home can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be, it can actually be quite relaxing. As you begin to see your home becoming a little tidier you will feel more organised in yourself. Here are 5 top tips from Hygenol to make sure you declutter in the most efficient way.
- Schedule some free time. Decluttering can take a while, so leave yourself a full day or weekend free. You need to get stuck in to make any real difference, trust us it will be worth it.
- Start upstairs and work your way down. It’s much easier to tackle a messy home if you do it one room and one floor at a time. Plan which rooms you will tackle that day, depending how cluttered your house is, this could take a few days to complete, but it’s better to break it down.
- Try to be realistic. Will you really ever wear that old sweater again? If not, let it go and focus on organising the things that you do need. The chances are you need plenty of space to organise all your belongings, so throw away any unwanted stuff to make room for the important things.
- Make things easily accessible. Items that you will be using regularly should be easy to get to, for example put your favourite clothes in the top drawers and your least favourite in the bottom.
- Do the 12,12,12 challenge. Find 12 things to throw away, 12 things to donate to charity and 12 things to return to its original home (friend’s clothes for example). This is a fun and easy way to get rid of 36 things that you no longer need or want.
This a sponsored post