I am truly grateful for all your contributions so far. The blog is turning into a great source of inspiration and I hope that it will run and run. These suggestions on Zen parenting are from Sanjay, the author of the excellent website A little Zen. Please check it out as you will not regret it.
- Sit down with your child in the middle of a room and breathe. Just sit together and take a few long, slow breaths. It’s like child/parent meditation.
- Go outside and admire a flower with your child. Discuss the flower’s colors, shapes, textures. Enjoy nature.
- Sit with your child and read a children’s book, or a few pages from a chapter book.
- Get two pieces of paper and some crayons. Sit at a table with your child and draw with her.
- Before dinner, have everyone in your family mention what they’re grateful for. It can be as simple as the blue sky, or as sentimental as a loved one. Just express gratitude.
As always if you would like to contribute then please e-mail your ‘things’ to email@example.com
Thanks for reading
Don’t forget to follow the blog on Facebook and follow me on twitter.