Here are some suggestions from Cassandra,
- Try to recycle – or upcycle – one object a month. This could be anything, from giving a friend your old jumper, to restoring a dresser you found on a skip and flogging it on Ebay for £50! Make money and feel virtuous – ideal!
- Instead of spending loads of cash on last minute gifts, spend a bit of time each day planning and hand-making at least one gift for this Christmas. Cushions are really easy to make and customise with names and iron-on embellishments, and are more meaningful than a gift pack of perfume and supermarket roses. They just take more time to do, so build it into your day.
- Try to create folders for your emails so that you can archive important messages, then chuck the rest.
- I always try to strike up conversations with elderly people – they appreciate the effort, are nearly always polite, and you learn so much from them.
- Declutter your shed – I bet you there’s at least £50 worth of unwanted items that you could sell on or give away.
If you would like to contribute your own suggestions then please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook!