Thank you all for your contributions. Here are 5 things from Marsha Hinton at New Meadows Media.
- Often we find ourselves stressed, frustrated, and downright snippy and blame it on things like traffic, the boss, the checkout line at Walmart, or the dog. The truth is those are not the impediments disrupting our day; we are. You can’t do a thing about the situations or people that dust your doilies but you can do something about yourself.
- Don’t worry. Worry will not solve a thing — never has. If you’re late someplace you need to be getting a speeding ticket will not help you to get there faster. Neither will harassing the cashier at the grocery store.
- Be still. You can do that in the middle of the mall during the chaos of school shopping season. You don’t have to fill every minute of every day with productive activity. Get a cookie and a cup of tea and enjoy.
- Trust that everything will work out as it should. There are times when is seems everything I touch turns to ash in my hands. But that is just how it seems. Things tend to work out like they are suppose to — differently than what I imagined but they work out.
- Respect the person in front of you. They really aren’t that different than you are. They are probably dealing with as many or more difficulties as you. Cut them some slack even if they aren’t cutting you any.
Remember to have fun. I love the comment from Auntie Mame ”Yes! Live! Life’s a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!” Don’t starve to death.
Please comment widely!