Hope you are all having a great Saturday. Here are a few suggestions from Sara from izinspiredtowrite.wordpress.com
- Pack yourself a picnic lunch and go to your favorite park, or the park you keep passing but haven’t been to. Throw down a blanket and treat yourself to your favorite lunch while enjoying the beauty of the outdoors and the warmth of the sun.
- Take off your shoes and walk around the park barefoot. Feel the grass under your feet and luxuriate in the feel. Remember what it was like being a kid and running around playing outside with your friends, not a care in the world.
- Plug in your headphones and listen to your favorite music while walking around. And then dance. Dance like nobody is looking. Dance like you don’t care. Dance because you can, because it is a beautiful day, because you love being you. And then laugh because you know you might look ridiculous, but you don’t care; today isn’t about anybody else, it’s about you.
- Head to your local used bookstore and buy a book about a subject you have always been interested in. Ever wonder about the stars? Get a book on astronomy. What to know more about how the brain works? Try and find something pertaining to neurology. Interested in Russian history? Pick up something that interests you. Most importantly browse, pick up every book you see that seems interesting and see what it’s about. You can learn a lot just by reading a jacket, and who knows, maybe you will find something you are interested in and didn’t even know. Make it a goal to learn something new, no matter what or whom it’s about.
- On your way home stop and buy yourself some flowers. Whatever kind you like best, whatever strikes your fancy.
and a bit extra……….
Remember to appreciate yourself. Remember how amazing you are. Remember that you deserve. Now curl up with your new book (or books), smell your flowers, and enjoy yourself!